ANNOUNCEMENTS
Events
Publications
Archive

COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF
MARONI

19, Agiou Georgiou St
7737, Maroni
Tel: 24333111
Fax: 24332912
E-mail:
info@maroni.org.cy

 
CHURCH OF AGIOI ANARGYROI

Apart from the church and the country church of St. George in Maroni, there is also the country church of "Agioi Anargyroi" (the saints Cosmas, Damianos, Kyros, and Ioannis), which celebrates on the 1 st of July and 1 st of November. This country church is located south-east of the village. It was built in 1948 upon very old ruins and -according to existing information -an old settlement once stood there. The cornerstone was placed by Papaeleftherios Papademetriou, after a vision one of his fellow villagers had that related to the Saints' wish to have a church built there.

The first Mass was conducted on the 1 st of November 1950 by the dear departed, reverend Papaeleftherios Papademetriou.

 

Click on the pictures to enlarge

 

 
Footer